Agri-Business Division Manager
The Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking an Agri-Business Division Manager to advance and promote the Sioux Empire as an agricultural center.
Primary job duties include:
- Manage the Agri-Business Division of the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce, ensuring that the Division contributes to the overall effectiveness of the Chamber.
- Plan and implement the Sioux Empire Farm Show which takes place in January
- Plan and implement the annual Ag Appreciation Day Event in conjunction with the Sioux Empire Fair
- Manage approximately 200 volunteers to help with Division's events
- Serve as the Chamber Liaison to the Sioux Empire Fair Board
- Recruit major livestock shows to the community
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency in ShoWorks-Fair Management software a plus.
- Ability to be a team player amongst a broad range of personalities yet work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong networking skills amongst business community and volunteers
- Must have a strong knowledge of livestock industry including breed associations and representatives
- Must have a good knowledge of the fair industry
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends as well as some overnight travel
- Experience in event planning very beneficial
- Develop and work from a detail budget
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- College degree
Please email a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Or mail to:
c/o Lauren Fosheim
Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 1425
Sioux Falls, SD 57101-1425
Applications must be received no later than May 1, 2017.
No phone calls please.